- October 28, 2017
- Posted by: nathanwebster
- Category: Websites
Yes, the marketing wheel never stops. Understanding the marketing umbrella isn’t an overnight process. From branding to promotion, the details can be completely overwhelming. But this is a simple subject, branding your name.
For those looking into business options, here are a couple of resources for you:
When To Name Your Company After Yourself
Should You Self-Brand, or Establish a Company Brand?
We live in the new digital era to where everything is almost immediate. No one likes to dig too much to find information, especially a person. When you can’t find an individual, it’s like “whhuuuuuuttttt?! Something’s wrong!”
Don’t be one of those people.
If you have a business or don’t have one, consider the opportunity to own your domain name. Why? Here’s five reasons to do so:
- Protect Your Reputation – there’s all different stuff that can come up. Why risk it? Show them all the good stuff. The search engines will dig up anything that is connected to your name and the search query.
- Show and Tell – for anyone looking to climb up the career ladder, show off your strengths. Tell everyone what you can do. The days of submitting resumes or asking for applications in person are fading away. They want to find out who you are, and one of the best ways to do that is an internet search.
- Promote Yourself – while you’re telling everyone your accolades and skills, ensure you list qualifications and personal recommendations. Don’t be shy. If you don’t promote yourself, who will? Every job interview is you promoting yourself, now you’re just doing it online.
- Kill Perceptions – I truly believe 90% of people’s reality comes from their perceptions. In my experience, folks won’t ask you directly so they’ll find other means to learn who you are without your knowledge. This is one of the best ways to kill a perception when they do a Google search.
- Look Good – with all the points mentioned above, you have no other choice but to look good. Again, don’t be shy. Put up some good photos.
If you need some help, let me know. We’re happy to build a great interactive and mobile-friendly website for you or your business. However, if this is personal, you can have several options to DIY.
I write this because my business is personal because this service is for the advancement of all humanity. My failures and successes are for your gain. No strings attached.
Nathan A. Webster, MBA
Consulting | Marketing | Web Design