BE Your Dream

BE Your Dream

A lot of people ask what our organization does in the community, and I explain to them. I either get a blank stare of confusion or head nods. It took me some time to understand the first responses, but the second responses were easy. The second group made me laugh at people advising me to perfect my delivery of the 30 second elevator speech. Unfortunately, the first group of responders needed more than the 30 second elevator pitch. That group needed to be sat down and take notes.

Here’s how the dialogue would be:
Nathan: Our programs are divided into three categories. Dream It, Build It, and Live it. We break them up so the material doesn’t overwhelm the students.
Responder: What do you mean?
Nathan: Dream It starts with ‘BE Your Dream!’ (aka, BYD) to keep the information simple and build their vocabulary.
Responder: Why is that?
Nathan: In a sample of approximately 500 students, only 10% of them understood what it took to create their dream. The other 90% just threw out an idea.
Responder: Hmmm. [A slow head nod up and down as they process it].
Nathan: Not all students are ready to take that plunge and focus on their dream. Some students need to focus on today’s problems, because their future past high school is unknown.
Responder: [Silence with a blank stare]
Nathan: For more information, we have a YouTube channel with videos to go into more detail.
Responder: Thank you. Best of luck.

I send them this video to follow up. This classroom was after several sessions of BYD, and the students really started to get into it. BYD is in the Dream It, and some (if not all) of them were ready to move into our programs in the Build It.

To learn more, check out the video.

I write this because my business is personal because this service is for the advancement of all humanity. My failures and successes are for your gain. No strings attached.

Nathan A. Webster, MBA


I was born, raised and currently residing in Vancouver, WA. Grateful to have an entrepreneurial life that allows me to use my God-given talents to help others pursue their passion. I'm blessed to be educated (MBA-Operations) veteran (US Marine Corps) who enjoys the community with all my family members (blood and adopted).